Wednesday 20 June 2007

NOT NICK ROSS

Can't believe Nick Ross is being forced out of Crimewatch. One of the most talented and most decent of all broadcasters. Met him in the early 70s when he was a reporter on the World at One. A kind face in a tough journalistic environment. 'You'll do well, Paul, he told me - with a memorable surname like yours.' Well, we're not finished yet, Nick. I am so sorry to see that 23 years of commitment to such a worthy programme has to come to such a sad end. It's a double whammy to read this since it reminds me of my friendly BBC acquaintance Jill Dando. Last time I saw her was at a friend's birthday party in South London. Next, she was dead, brutally murdered on her doorstep. Sad news this morning. Hope that, unlike in the case of Moira Stuart, there is a rapid rethink in BBC Headquarters and Nick is encouraged to continue as long as he can broadcast.

No comments: