Tuesday 12 June 2007

BOB FOX

More good material from Robert Fox, whom I first came across when he was a Radio 4 reporter covering the Hull Prison Riot and I was just a newcomer BBC Radio Humberside producer. I learnt a lot from this journalist, without him ever knowing it. The first lesson was not to share my information with him when I was going on air five minutes before him. Even sharing the same phone was a bad idea, despite the fact I arranged it. Back to the article, there's a major point here about the arming of groups opposing our enemies along with the sale of arms. It goes right back to the days of World War Two, when the US supported the Viet Minh in the war against the Japanese, in particular saving downed American pilots. Had America supported Ho Chi Minh a little bit later when he wanted to establish an American-style democracy Nam, would never have happened.

No comments: