Sunday 27 May 2007

TREVOR DANN

Here's a link to one of the still bright sparks of British radio: TREVOR DANN. I'll put his blog on later so he can tell you about phone ins. Trevor was the one and only General Reporter on BBC Radio Nottingham. The newsroom had about fifteen members, a news editor, deputy, the rest being producers and reporters. Ok, if you are bored, here's Trevor's phone in blog story, courtesy of The Radio Academy. Now, back to Trevor. This musician comes in, Trevor got the musos, we got the rest of the stuff. "So, what's this guy got? I ask at lunchtime.' 'Don't know,' replies Trevor. 'He wouldn't give me his real name so I refused to interview him.' Nice one. We were all 22 at that time and a very exciting time it was to be in the new fangled local radio. Plus, Nottingham was something of a buzzy place - still is, so I gather. I was going to say it's now the drug capital of Britain until an undercover police officer friend of mine told me that this title now belongs to Cornwall. Why? The kids down there have bugger all to do. Enough for now, great Azimov film on: I, Robot. Wanna watch. Tera.

No comments: